Thursday, July 21, 2011

Week 1- Kenton County Fair









I went to the Kenton County Fair down the street from my house this past weekend as my first photo project.  Nothing groundbreaking I just wanted a reason to get my camera out of its carrying case.  I also have this obsession with all things country.  However this fair was not nearly as country as I expected.  Yes it featured a tractor pull, yes it there was a bluegrass band, people where wearing work boots in 80-90 degree weather, etc.  I think my problem was I was picturing Sweet Home Alabama with the country band playing and people dancing with Christmas lights hung all around, etc.  Then I remembered I'm not in Texas or Alabama.  I'm in Northern Kentucky.  I enjoyed myself, however I'm in need of something just a bit more authentic.  Good news is I got to go to Sharky's for some blueberry ice cream at the end of the night!

No comments: